Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 254

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 255

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 530

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 532

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 533
scorpsnews.com :: View topic - Stung in NYC -Ageless Amazing Brilliant Show!
scorpsnews.com Forum Index scorpsnews.com
Scorpions News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stung in NYC -Ageless Amazing Brilliant Show!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Stung in NYC -Ageless Amazing Brilliant Show! Reply with quote

It is DAY 2 after seeing the Scorpions at the Beacon in NYC and my ears are still ringing, and my voice is making an attempt at a comeback. Had front row infront of Matthias who played to absolute perfection on this night. He was much more technical and crisp in his solos and extended his stinging riffs just slightly longer. Klaus was on top of his game as was Rudy and the rest of the band. I had seen the band in Montreal on Aug 30 (out of fear they would not play the east coast of the US), and while that was a great show in an outdoor setting, the band played better here tonight. I think seeing a sold out audience singing as loud as they could set the tone. On this night it really felt like 1982 or 1984 again. The connection between the crowd and the band was clearly evident.

The great set list was as described in other shows, but what is more important to share is that this crowd was absolutely into the show, and the band was too. The crowd was mixed in age young and mid-aged like me. The crowd was captivated and on their feet for the show. No one was sitting. The new songs were greeted with the same enthusiasm as the classics, and I truly hope the band will start to gain a confidence in it's audience's desire to hear more songs on Humanity Hour 1. This new DVD is packed with great songs too good to be left out. It's time to shelve Holiday and replace it with Love Will Keep Us Alive, replace Tease Me Please Me with Game of Life. These are bound to be great crowd pleasers, and in the hallways and foyer of the theatre (before and after the show), you could overhear everyone saying to each other, they need to play their new stuff! Really this is the truth! All I heard was "What an amazing show. Yeah they need to play their new stuff."

Klaus while greeting the crowd made it a point to acknowledge the East Coast fans who have been begging the band to come back here via the official website forums. " It's great to be back on the East Coast after all this time. It's great to be back in NYC." James even acknowledged being back here on this side of the country during his solo. So rest assured US fans who lay it on the line in the forums on the official website are being heard by the band.

These guys are a class act. Working hard for their fans and enjoying what they do all the while. For this I could not stop screaming DANKE, THANK YOU, and singing NO ONE LIKE YOU , right back at the band.
I could go on for a while more, but in summary fellow fans around this world know that feeling when walking out of a Scorpions Concert. They know the emotions, and know how speechless the sting of the Scorpions leaves you! How much you long for another sting! It happened this night in NYC just the same.

For all of the fans here who are waiting for a return I have found out first hand that there will be a April-May 2008 US Tour. BUY TICKETS, BUY MERCHANDISE, SUPPORT THE BAND, AND FEEL THE STING! THE SCORPS ARE BACK!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    scorpsnews.com Forum Index -> Tours All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: