Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 254

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 255

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 530

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 532

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 533
scorpsnews.com :: View topic - Scorpions Fan Convention
scorpsnews.com Forum Index scorpsnews.com
Scorpions News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scorpions Fan Convention

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Scorpions Fan Convention Reply with quote

Hey would anyone be interested in having a Scorpion fan convention? I would recommend that it be in the summer of a year that the Scorps are not touring a lot. Anyone could come. We would try to have it in a city that is a major hub for airlines so people could get cheap airline tickets.

Things at the convention:
Fan performances of Scorps songs
watch rare videos
trade items of Scorps memorabilia
get to know your fellow Scorps fan better
etc

Any thoughts?

Getting a current or former member of the band to attend would be a plus and major goal.

Probably the earliest we could do this would be summer 2009? Or have it in the winter instead? Thoughts?
ScorpsSistah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Sounds great if it works!! WOW that is really a lofty idea, but a good one! Would it be like in the middle of the country so certain ppl don't have to go a long distance? BTW what do you want to do with those fliers? Are you going to post them for ppl to copy and make themselves? Let us know boss man!! Very Happy

SHUT UP 'N PLAY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted the flyers on the Street Team page.
http://www.scorpsnews.com/StTeam/

I also updated the Radio Station list to look a little better and added a playlist link. Check it out.

http://www.scorpsnews.com/StTeam/radioList.php

Also, when you get some more radio stations ready for me, email em to me. Thanks!
ScorpsSistah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool!! I love the new radio station format!! I have more coming soon! And the flyers are great! Thnx Gil for those!! You rawk!! Hey what day are you coming into Vegas? I'm coming in the 20th. I want to see a little of Vegas since I've never been there. I just don't know where to go???? Razz

SHUT UP 'N PLAY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
onecrazysquaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: fos Reply with quote

OMG..We had thought about a Convention about 6 months ago...Teri and I had fumbled it around a bit...

I can do some scouting as far as the BAND goes...All I can do there is TRY! I asked the FATHER for his blessings, and hes Granted it.soo I can ask HIM again. If its HIS will..then hey we're on!

A TRADE-A-THON of stuff would be cool too!

Scorps Karaoke is funny! and FUN! I would do it!..lol just dont boo me too hard!

While all the fans are gathered. we can start a new FOS project!..
I would Volunteer to Co-Head this Project...I can ask Kristi Compton too she'd be a HUGE asset! Her experience has quite a history.

I am thinking ALL KINDS OF IDEAS right now!....
I think a neutral City would be fair....

Our ORIGINAL thought was to meet in HANNOVER..but thats just a dream beyone dreams!....

Hell I'm in!

2009 Is Lookin FINE!

Paula

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sheryl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScorpsSistah wrote:
WOW! Sounds great if it works!! WOW that is really a lofty idea, but a good one! Would it be like in the middle of the country so certain ppl don't have to go a long distance? BTW what do you want to do with those fliers? Are you going to post them for ppl to copy and make themselves? Let us know boss man!! Very Happy

Denver is in the middle Laughing Laughing Laughing
ScorpsSistah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing LOL Sheryl!! I WISH!!! Actually it would be KANSAS! ewww Maybe Oklahoma or Missouri, like Kansas City/Minneapolis!! Razz
Wow Paula lots of great ideas, I haven't been in this long enuf to have these ideas or even go about doing them. But if I can be of any help...??? I sent our contact at Azoff a bumper sticker since I told them we were going to hand them out at the shows. Hope they like it! I will be sending off for more of those, looking into magnets that are the car strength and not the fridge strength. HA! BTW Paula I sent you a fridge magnet of the scoprsnews banner, hope you like it!! Razz

SHUT UP 'N PLAY
LOVEDRIVE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: GREAT IDEA Reply with quote

HI EVERYONE-- THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!! WE COULD GET MEDIA COVERAGE,GET ROCKERS TO COME FROM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY- ACTUALLY I THINK CHICAGO IS IN THE CENTER OF THE COUNTRY WITH AIRLINE FLIGHTS FOR CHEAP RATES.WE COULD DO IT IN A SUBURB FOR CHEAPER HOTEL RATES AND ACTIVITES.I WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP COORDINATE THE CONVENTION WITH VENDURES,FOOD ECT.WE COULD GET A COVERBAND THAT SINGS ALL THE SCORPS TUNES-I WENT AND SAW A BAND CALLED LOVERDIVE ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO-THEY WERE REALLY GOOD.I HEARD THEY MIGHT HAVE BROKEN UP THOU.WE COULD GET A BAND BOOKED AT A LOCAL BAR THAT WEEKEND SO THAT WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAT FOR THEM.THEY COULD NEGOTAITE WITH THE BAR WITH OUR CONVENTION BRINGING IN MANY PEOPLE.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT IDEA??MAYBE WE COULD HAVE A BAND BOOKED EVERY YEAR FOR OUR CONVVENTION. WE COULD GET ALL THE BOYS TO SHOW UP LIKE ULI,HERMAN AND SOME OF THE ORIGANIL BAND MEMBERS.OFCOURSE THE PRESENT MEMBERS ALSO!! I DON'T THINK KLAUS WOULD LIKE TO SEE FRANCIS HOWEVER.I TALKED TO MANAGEMENT TO HAVE THE GUYS COME TO MY WORK AT THE CHICAGO BOARD OF TRADE TO BE GUESTS ON THE TRADING FLOOR BUT THEY TOLD ME NO GO.I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA TO HELP PROMOTE THE BAND.I HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT SOME OF THE U.S. CONCERTS.
onecrazysquaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI EVERYONE-- THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!! WE COULD GET MEDIA COVERAGE,GET ROCKERS TO COME FROM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY- ACTUALLY I THINK CHICAGO IS IN THE CENTER OF THE COUNTRY WITH AIRLINE FLIGHTS FOR CHEAP RATES.

BUSY CITY..and a great location! should be cheaper rates as far as FLIGHTS go... Wink

WE COULD DO IT IN A SUBURB FOR CHEAPER HOTEL RATES AND ACTIVITES.I WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP COORDINATE THE CONVENTION WITH VENDURES,FOOD ECT.

SPONSORS are key!

WE COULD GET A COVERBAND THAT SINGS ALL THE SCORPS TUNES-I WENT AND SAW A BAND CALLED LOVERDIVE ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO-THEY WERE REALLY GOOD.

I saw that LOVEDRIVE band on MySpace I think..I will go look again. Might be someone else tho...

I HEARD THEY MIGHT HAVE BROKEN UP THOU.WE COULD GET A BAND BOOKED AT A LOCAL BAR

InTrance Has a close relationship with the band..they would prolly be more then happy to help out especially for FOS!..They are on my MYSPACE FOS page! Awesome guys!...They made me get teary eyed when I saw the YOUTUBE Clip of them jammin together!

THAT WEEKEND SO THAT WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAT FOR THEM.THEY COULD NEGOTAITE WITH THE BAR WITH OUR CONVENTION BRINGING IN MANY PEOPLE.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT IDEA??MAYBE WE COULD HAVE A BAND BOOKED EVERY YEAR FOR OUR CONVVENTION.

THE 1st year should be for working out quirks..Work on the FIRST one, and see what we can all plan at that one, once we are all together for future meets..

WE COULD GET ALL THE BOYS TO SHOW UP LIKE ULI,HERMAN AND SOME OF THE ORIGANIL BAND MEMBERS.OFCOURSE THE PRESENT MEMBERS ALSO!! I

Getting the band is HARD!...I doubt I will have any luck but I can ask the POWERS that be......I can talk to another fellow FOSer that is CLOSER to the band then Alot of us.

DON'T THINK KLAUS WOULD LIKE TO SEE FRANCIS HOWEVER.I TALKED TO MANAGEMENT TO HAVE THE GUYS COME TO MY WORK AT THE CHICAGO BOARD OF TRADE TO BE GUESTS ON THE TRADING FLOOR BUT THEY TOLD ME NO GO.I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA TO HELP PROMOTE THE BAND.I HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT SOME OF THE U.S. CONCERTS.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE TOUR TO HIT THE USA!

Paula

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScorpsSistah wrote:
Hey what day are you coming into Vegas? I'm coming in the 20th. I want to see a little of Vegas since I've never been there. I just don't know where to go???? Razz

I'm getting into Vegas on Thursday night. I've never been there either. I want to try and see Hoover Dam on Friday morning if possible. I want to see a few other things if my schedule permits. If I have to do an interview my schedule may change. I will have to wait and see most likely.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Lots of great ideas. Keep em coming.

Chicago would be a good town. It is a hub for a few airlines I think.

I think it will take a lot of planning to pull off.

A Scorps cover / tribute band would be great.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a good reference for what some Rush fans have done with RushCon.

http://www.rushcon.org/

Check out the FAQ to get an idea behind it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    scorpsnews.com Forum Index -> Tours All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: