Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 254

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 255

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 530

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 532

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/auth.php:328) in /home/content/g/g/m/ggmorton/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 533
scorpsnews.com :: View topic - 2007 Touring Partners
scorpsnews.com Forum Index scorpsnews.com
Scorpions News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 Touring Partners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott@scorpsnews.com

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Scorpions are friends with alot of bands still around these days. I think there are only 3 bands on the planet that the Scorpions would go on before on a tour here in the states and they would be AC/DC,Aerosmith and Van Halen (DLR). As long as the Scorpions can play at least a 90 minute set it would be worth the exposure in our country. Maybe they could do that in the fall and then come back next Spring with a full headline tour. The Scorpions need to spend more time touring in our country to build up their fan base again. Palmster thanks for the inside scoop. If you hear anything else down the road. Pass it along!!
LOVEDRIVE

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: SCORPS TOUR IN FALL Reply with quote

Hi F.O.S. I think we all should know that the Scorps will tour after they get done in Canada.They will drop down I am sure into the U.S. for a Massive Tour. the Scorpions should NEVER be a backup band to anyone-maybe a co-headliner but Never a backup!! They could easily get quality bands to back them up- Cinderella is an excellent backup.Bring back the 80's!!! This is what I purpose- just like in Wacken,Germany, bring back the whole group of Scorpions and create the biggest "Sting" the U.S. has EVER seen!!On stage, Uli Jon Roth,Michael Schenker and Herman Rarebell.Come on Scorpions Kick Some Ass here in the States!!!! There is a band out of California called"Endevour After"{I think this is how you spell it}they are young kids who play there own tunes and it's just like the heavy-metal we love!! Endovour After goes on first,then Cinderella and all the Scorpions Rock the House!!! Remember my friends,alot of bands don't want to tour with the Scorps because we all know why- The SCORPIONS have blown everyone off of the stage when it comes to a LIVE show!!!! We can support this type of tour here in the U.S. Give us a chance!! Mike
onecrazysquaw

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Lovin this topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks Gabi, I am getting more and more excited now. Especially since Scott thinks they will be starting the U.S. in the Fall. I don't know if my first one will be in California or Colorado, but whichever it will be, it's going to be unforgettable and at my age I need that as much as possible. LOL
As far as co-headliners, Iron Maiden couldn't be more perfect. They have no U.S. dates and really aren't planning on any, unless they had someone as strong as the Scorps with them. Or even Metallica would be awesome especially since James Hetfield is a huge fan of the Scorps!!!
I just wish someone could get the word to the Scorps that there are other groups who would love to tour with them and not all of them are going to use the U.S. up by then.

CRISTY..Californiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa will be off the HOOK!

I would SOOO like to see Y&T open fire...
then Iron Maiden.
then Scorpions!

Now thats a night of some SERIOUS headbangin!
As far as Metallica, yeah they are friends with the SCORPS, but they are all too big headed to share the limelight...I know, I hang with one of the band members cousins at the shows., they are ego maniacs, but DAMN GOOD musicians!

Palmster Thnx for the insider, good to know FOS is out on the prowl!..nice job!

Paula

<---pinches Sheryl......... are you awake yet?..lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ScorpsSistah

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cinderella sounds great, I used to be crazy about Tom Keifer back in 1990/91. I went to see them, went backstage and got hit up on. Wont tell by who....anyway if Keifer can get his voice back to decent shape it would be worth it. Right now he is producing and Jeff LaBar and Eric are in their own band, Naked Beggars, making a name for themselves. Female singer tho and even tho she's pretty good, very rockin, I am not one for female singers. Ya know it would be cool if Jeff's new group could open. hmmmm I could deal with that.
Hey Paula and Sheryl, I keep pinching myself to wake up and all I'm getting is bruises. wawawa
I am going to bulletin Iron Maiden and Cinderella, and Naked Beggars, and see if anybody pays attention. woohoo Or Bo Bice, or how about Kottak? He would have to play double but he can handle it. Or how about if Schenkersister resurrected VIVA and opened? oh man let me quit... Razz

oh wow just read Jeff LaBar has left Naked Beggars and seems to have gone back to Cinderella? They must be getting ready to go it again. woohoo that is so great!!

SHUT UP 'N PLAY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
onecrazysquaw

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Barbara huh... Reply with quote

Interesting idea..SCHENKERS SISTER would be cool to see open..
I think I will go ask her if she would do that..I will post her response when I get one.....

Paula

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ScorpsSistah

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Barbara huh... Reply with quote

onecrazysquaw wrote:
Interesting idea..SCHENKERS SISTER would be cool to see open..
I think I will go ask her if she would do that..I will post her response when I get one.....

Paula

What do you think about KOTTAK Paula?

SHUT UP 'N PLAY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
onecrazysquaw

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: hmmmmmmm suntin for you sistah Reply with quote

I SENT THE IMAGE VIA MYSPACE sis...ok

KOTTAK is a diff genre of music..but .....
As far as Kottak..Well yeah I can see that ..but
In my opinion I could see, James doing his set with KOTTAK, then maybe a break for him with another band after them..then maybe Herman sit in for the first set w scorps, then james again after that,,..give him a break...ALL A DREAM of course...but hey....[/b]

Paula

Last edited by onecrazysquaw on Wed May 09, 2007 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ScorpsSistah

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But hey! What are we without dreams, just robots. Were you posting some pics Sis, cuz they didn't come out or are they something you want me to copy and paste???? BTW wow! You with Klaus, I am going to cry!! Check out the interview I posted with Klaus and Rudi on topic EVERYTHING ELSE. It is Klaus in the 90's sometime. I love his look back in that era. Poor guy was so bald on top by then tho, so was Matthias. I wonder, with all their money, why they don't get hair plugs or something. Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz I do miss their hair, especially Matthias.

SHUT UP 'N PLAY
LOVEDRIVE

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: WHAT ABOUT ULI,MICHAEL AND HERMAN ALL ON STAGE Reply with quote

HI F.O.S. WHAT ABOUT GETTING EVERYONE ON STAGE WITH NO BACKUP OR LIKE I SAID GET CINDERELLA AND THEN BRING ON ULI,MICHAEL AND HERMAN.DOESN'T ANYONE THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA FOR THE FANS IN THE U.S. WHY ONLY IN EUROPE-WE CAN SUPPORT THIS TYPE ON CONCERT OR THEY COULD BE THE HEADLINERS WITH THIS LINEUP AT SOME TOP-LINE FESTIVALS IN THE U.S.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT ABOUT ULI,MICHAEL AND HERMAN ALL ON STAGE Reply with quote

LOVEDRIVE wrote:
HI F.O.S. WHAT ABOUT GETTING EVERYONE ON STAGE WITH NO BACKUP OR LIKE I SAID GET CINDERELLA AND THEN BRING ON ULI,MICHAEL AND HERMAN.DOESN'T ANYONE THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA FOR THE FANS IN THE U.S. WHY ONLY IN EUROPE-WE CAN SUPPORT THIS TYPE ON CONCERT OR THEY COULD BE THE HEADLINERS WITH THIS LINEUP AT SOME TOP-LINE FESTIVALS IN THE U.S.

It's be a great show. But it'll never sell over here in the USA. No one knows who Uli Roth, and Herman are except for us die hards.

To get a good tour your need some commercial appeal or the promoters will never back the tour.

If the Scorps toured smaller venues with just them and / or a smaller time opening band, they would have to finance most of the tour I am guessing. They need to be paired up with someone big to get the exposure they need.
onecrazysquaw

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: B Schenker Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, thanks Paula......I am in the middle of reforming VIVA. We already had a request from Sweden.
Once I'm at it , Schenkerssister will follow.
Do you want to know more????....just ask!
x Barbara

I guess this means shes working on VIVA again..as far as touring with the Scorps it seems unclear...
SOOOOO

if you all want to ask her questions she seems to be open for it...
I can ask her VIA MYSPACE..or if you are a MYSPACE user, you can add her if you dont already have her.

She is a VERY VERY nice person.
Kind and Helpful..Eager to reply to all her fans.I like this very much.Its nice of her to give of her time .

Let me know Gang...
Paula

scott@scorpsnews.com

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gil is correct..Besides long time Scorps fans nobody in our country knows Uli or Herman. And Michael is not reliable for a full tour. So you can't count on him. Either a big time co-headliner. Or a special guest and a opening act (3 band tour). Or How about this as a tour:
THE HUMANITY AMPHITHEATER TOUR 2007:
Scorpions 9:00pm-11:00pm
The Cult 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Collective Soul 6:45pm - 7:15pm
Buckcherry 6:00pm - 6:30pm

These are bands the Scorpions have never toured with and they are bands that sell tickets in today's market.

And if not the bill above. Then here's a good co-headliner Tour:

SCORPIONS 9:00pm - 11:00pm
ALICE COOPER 7:00PM - 8:30PM
no opening acts...
ScorpsSistah

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Scott you really need to be their manager! You have spent more time on them then their managers have. Too bad, your talents go to waste. Razz

SHUT UP 'N PLAY
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should tour with Ozzy. His new album has a lot of buzz right now. I think he is playing on Ozzfest. I'm not sure how many dates that is. He might be ready for more dates in the fall.
ScorpsSistah

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, Ozzy not only can't sing or even move at all, but after what he and his wife and hired guns did to Iron Maiden last Ozzfest, I hope they croak and die! I still think that if Cinderella is getting back together it should be them as the starting band. They had such a good time with the Scorps in Moscow, I think it would be fun and maybe Skid Row or GnR. Stuck in the 80's I guess. heheh

SHUT UP 'N PLAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    scorpsnews.com Forum Index -> Tours All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: